Introduction and Background
First of all I should clarify that this might not apply to ALL PhD or of course to every pregnant women. I can only talk about my experience, a very modest, international student doing a PhD in Neuroscience in New York and getting pregnant before your proposal in my early 30's. I know what you are thinking (if you are in research) "what a genius idea to get pregnant at this time", well is more common that you might think and....well...nobody is asking you.
I know a lot about pregnancy and babies, I am a Early childhood Teacher and a researcher after all. Being that said, there are things I NEVER thought of or I didn't know until it happened. I basically know what your body is going through, cognitively....but experiencing it is kind of different. So here are a couple of tips, in case you are thinking of embarking yourself in such a journey, or in case the journey follows you.
I will write as my trimesters pass by, so far I have only completed one, so I can talk (write) from what I know and have discovered in these three interesting months.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario